Thursday, December 16, 2010

Not All Who Wander, Are Lost

Prompt2: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?


Well....
 
Work, singlemomdom, and creative pursuits in general are what keep me busy, and from writing each day. I can not eliminate any of these things, nor do I wish it to be so! In fact, after I lost my job as a creative copywriter many moons ago, I had a lot of trouble writing at ALL. So, in 2009-2010 I found blogging, and although I wish I could get here more often....I feel that I have overcome my doubts about my writing abilities and have learned to love it once again.
 
Prompt3: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
 
My bike is purple. And it's the coolest thing EVER! On a warm sunny afternoon, zooming down by the river with the wind in my hair, and a smile on my face. My Love cruising alongside me. That's when I feel completely alive.


Prompt4: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Wonder...I feel as though 2010 was full of the stuff. I had thought after 2009's debacle of events, that I was set to live my life alone. I had braced myself for this fact, and had deliberately decided that love wasn't worth it. Wonder of wonders....life had other plans for me. And as the saying goes, when you stop looking that's where you'll find it. Before my very eyes all along, where I least expected it, when I had no intentions of doing so, I fell in love. And it has given me such tremendous joy and satisfaction. It has taught me to never, say never. Miracles DO happen. Something I thought was so horrible, was actually a blessing in disguise. I could have spent my entire life being miserable, with the wrong someone. Instead...I was given another chance to be with the one I truly was meant for. Everything happens for a reason....I know that is true.

No comments: