Saturday, December 11, 2010

Discovery

Normally, I wouldn't do this...just for the fact that others are, and I tend to shy away from trends. But this trend is GREAT!! I love it...it's a way to take stock of the year that was. A way to actively work towards owning the year that has yet to be.
If you haven't already...get on it.....Reverb 10







Prompt: One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?




DISCOVERY:
 
I thought long and hard for a word that would sum up 2010. I finally came up with DISCOVERY for the following reasons.
 
 I discovered true love. I had been told, and had read that when you finally find your Mr. Right you'll just 'know' I thought I had known this before, but I discovered that, that was just me, convincing myself. My Love is my prince, a man I completely trust, and feel safe being myself with.  He is truly my soul mate and carries my heart, in his heart.
 
 
 
I discovered....my creative side again! I spent much time doing things I have always longed to. I explored my love of photography, art, design, writing, crafting and cooking. Taking time for these things has brought me so much joy and happiness.
 
 
 
I found strength. More than I thought I possessed. I dug deep, and found that life goes on, and you can be happy, even happier than before, if you just keep moving forward.
 
 
 
 
I discovered gratitude. It's in the littliest things, in the tiniest of moments, that truly inspire. Family, friends, laughing, a smile, giving to others. To keep positive and remember that there is so much to be thankful for.
 
 
 

 
I discovered family. A new one,(in my new step-girlies-they opened my heart to even more love) and one that has always been there, but had gotten a bit bogged down by a series of misfortunate events. My daughter and I have finally come through this stronger, and better. We found each other again. To hear her say, " I love you," in return was the best moment! To see her progress makes me so proud!
 
 
 
 
 I learned to say No...that I can't be everywhere and do everything. I am not perfect, and that is ok. . I try hard to be a good girlfriend, friend, daughter, sister, Mom, family member, co-worker. Sometimes I can't be all these things at once, and sometimes I don't get it right, but I try....that is enough. And people that truly 'get it' will still be there.
 
I discovered ME again....or possibly for the first time. I had gotten lost in the fray...At the beggining of 2010 I was lost, and treading water just to keep my head above it all. But by keeping on, and taking baby steps forward I discovered what truly makes me smile.
 
 
 
 
DISCOVERY!!
 
And for 2011...word bird selects....
 
PEACE!
 
I hope for peace, quiet and a chance to breathe in 2011. I would like to feel settled. To stop looking around the corner for the next shoe to drop, or the next crisis. No drama, just living in the happiness and joy I have found.
 
 

No comments: