Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Something new everyday

Half of 2010 is over.
Things I've Learned, Just This First Part of the Year Include (but are in no way limited to):

1. How to purchase a lotto ticket. And that the numbers in the daily news horoscope are unlucky.

2. I CAN love again. Even better in fact! It's possible to meet your soul mate, even after you thought you already did.

3. Teenagers brains aren't all there. By this I mean they are still growing. The part that controls logic, morals etc. Explains much. Here's a good site about that:

 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/teenbrain/

4. I am stronger, than even I knew before.

5. Who my real friends are.

6. How to make: Cheesecake, red velvet cake, tofu I actually like, east indian fare,  and how not to blow the bbq up.

7.I am more patient, then even I knew before.

8. That no matter how old I am, I still cry when my parents leave. And I will always need them.

9. I don't like yogurt. And how to stop myself from forcing it down, just because it's good for me. I don't like it. I don't have to.


10. Some people change. For worse, or better. Some people don't. Either way, you can't make them.

11. Tony isn't the worst doggy ever. He pisses all over the floor, jizzes on my pillows, walks like a drunken sailor and drinks from the tub only, but he's not the worst dog ever.

12. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.

13. To let go. Of things I cannot control, of worry, of people that bring me down,

14. That I am not perfect. Weird, maybe even a touch crazy in-fact. And that's ok. I am me...and that's a great thing.

15. How to get mad. To say how I really feel. I will never again be a doormat. I can be kind, but that doesn't mean at the expense of what "I' need.

16. Head gaskets, lawyers, and styrofoam cones to make a replica CN tower cost a lot.

17. I still have much to learn...

1 comment:

Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

I loved reading this, they're all so true! At least half of them I had to learn the hard way too recently, but it's nice to look back and see how far you've come.