Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wonderland


Dreams. Strange. But intriguingly so. I wonder what they are all about.

When I was young I had this recurring dream about a massive weiner dog. It was as big as a house, and was travelling across the country causing chaos. My dad and uncle would try to capture this huge wiener dog, and it would then try to eat my sister and I would be sad about this. This makes no sense.

The other week I woke up with a jolt. I had dreamt of a chicken spider. Yes....there were chickens, with many legs that crawled walls, and one snuck up behind me and kinda stuck it's neck out at me and clucked. I jumped enough that it woke me up.

A few days ago, I awoke crying my eyes out. I dreamt I was a waitress and I had 3 tables. I had gathered orders for 2, but forgot about the 3rd and the patron yelled at me, as well as did my 'boss'. I was so frustrated and confused by all this...I started to cry in my dream, and woke up just bawling and feeling awful about the entire ordeal!!

I have mentioned my ninja turkey dream, and I have had this one several times. And just so you know, I have nothing against poultry ( I did see a live turkey though at a petting zoo recently, and wow...Fugly. Scary fugly!!) I have terrible nightmares as well...they are vivid and very very real. I feel the terror even after I wake up and sometimes cannot fall back to sleep. And if I do, alot of times I just continue dreaming like I've hit pause on a movie and resumed play!

Not all people remember their dreams. I remember nearly all. The feelings of them linger, and sometimes follow me throughout the day. I have in the past tried to interpret some of them, but now choose to just decide what they mean to me, and me alone. Maybe they mean nothing at all?

No comments: