Saturday, May 15, 2010

Look what Spring Brings...

Hope.....






If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet


Spring also brings...
men in tights!






Oooo-dee-lally! That's an expression I use alot...from animated Robin Hood (Disney, 1973). The one where Robin and Maid Marian are foxes....


















I am gonna watch this version tonight in prep for the new. Maybe I will watch ALL the versions...

Oooh...Russell will be a mighty 'foxy' Robin!



[about Robin] Sis: "Oh, he's so handsome... just like his reward posters!"



Te he....




Prince John: Oo-dee-lally! A crown! How exciting!
Robin Hood: His face is handsome, regal, majestic, lovable... a cuddly face.
Prince John: Handsome, regal, majestic, ha ha. Lovable, yes, yes. Cuddly. [laughs]
Prince John: Oh, that's me to a tease. It truly is.








All this reminds me of my past as a Medival Princess (maybe I WAS Maid Marian!!)




















And that the good guys win sometimes...making me even more thankful for those in my corner, cheering me on! A big Hi 5 for Team Grexy!!





The sunshine has come out...and it's a wonderful new day. The sights and sounds of a sunshiney spring morning greeted me



I did wake up with some odd allergic reaction in my lips, so I looked a lot like Tina Turner circa early days. And I had a dream that Theo Huxtable was my Grade 8 Math teacher. I usually try to find meaning in my dreams....this one I think was pure nonsense. Nothing profound. Which is actually nice...means I slept soundly with not a worry in my mind! Ahhh....











Since yesterday I have been overcome with a sense of peace. That everything WILL be alright. I did know this deep down before. But, now my whole being knows and understands this.
It feels good...It makes me dance around and twirl in my fun dress in the sunshine. It makes me notice the birds, and the clouds.



And google happy quotes to share...


http://smiley963.tripod.com/inspirational.html



http://idedaquotes.org/strength.html

Spring brings to mind daydreams....Like someday wearing this.....







with a poofy dress!






or maybe I will float around in a Marchesa...like Misha (say that 5 times fast!!)








or any Marchesa for that matter..(say that 5x fast too!)


http://www.marchesa.com/



Eeeks...don't ya just love, love 'em all!!

Ahhhhh.......springtime...get out there and enjoy...












It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain


Valgovinds's Song in the Spring
From my book: India's Love Lyrics

For the month of marriages is drawing near.

The Temple bells are ringing,

The young green corn is springing,

And the marriage month is drawing very near.

I lie hidden in the grass,

And I count the moments pass,

Soon, ah, soon, the women spread

The appointed bridal bed

With hibiscus buds and crimson marriage flowers,

Where, when all the songs are done,

And the dear dark night begun,

I shall hold her in my happy arms for hours.

She is young and very sweet,

From the silver on her feet

To the silver and the flowers in her hair,

And her beauty makes me swoon,

As the Moghra trees at noon

Intoxicate the hot and quivering air.

Ah, I would the hours were fleet

As her silver circled feet,

I am weary of the daytime and the night;

I am weary unto death

Oh my rose with jasmin breath

With this longing for your beauty and your light.

No comments: