Monday, April 26, 2010

To Whom This May Concern,

I need to forgive. Myself and you too. I shall do so here, as I am not sure saying so to your face would do any good.
I forgive you for not being the person I thought you were, for wanting something different out of life than I.
For allowing the want for more to overcome you, and for not being strong enough to fight
You could never have been all things to me.
I forgive you, as you are not my souls mate, so you never had a chance.
I forgive myself for not trusting myself, when I knew it all along
For allowing the want for more to over come me, and for not understanding that, then
I did love you with all that I knew of love then.
I also forgive myself for holding on when I should have let go
Now, that I see life, love, and who I am
I can let you go, without hurt, blame, or shame.
I will hope that no harm will come to you, and remember the dreams we shared.
I will honor the lessons you brought to my life.
You gave me many great joys, and brought me to this place,
I hope that you will be the best you, that you can be.
And we will both be happy.

Good-bye old friend,

Sara

No comments: